As the patron of a few Name-This-Company challenges, I watched ideas come in by the handfuls consistently. Sadly, the incredible larger part of names submitted didn’t pass “go.” A decent organization name isn’t just snappy and suggestive, yet in addition pronounceable, spellable and not liable to misfire in light of obnoxious affiliations.
Similar imperfections happen when organization proprietors or directors plunk down to brainstorm another name for their own business.
So here’s a speedy test to sharpen you to company name ideas significant variables in potential organization names. To which of the accompanying names could you offer a go-ahead and which a disapproval – and why?
1. Zyklon Bikes
2. Quirinus Quarterly (political magazine)
3. The Energy Spot (site selling solid tidbits and diet plans)
4. Elkins Enterprises (mail request organization)
Replies: All the above names merit disapproval. Here’s the reason.
1. “Zyklon” sounds quick and fiery. Nonetheless, it’s likewise the name of the gas utilized by Nazis to kill millions during World War Two. A British organization that declared this name for running shoes acquired horrible PR.
2. Quirinus was a Roman divine force of military and political issues, so the importance of this name fits. Yet, even most Ph.D.s and history buffs wouldn’t have the option to spell or articulate the name with certainty.
3. Begin the name of a web based business organization with “the” and clients will not effectively recall whether “the” is important for the space name. “The” trailed by the letter “e” is considerably more dangerous for spelling a web address. Individuals will wonder whether or not to type “theenergyspot.com.”
4. Like “Quirinus Quarterly,” “Elkins Enterprises” has similar sounding word usage in support of its. In any case, such countless disastrously legitimate and battling however genuine organizations have utilized “Endeavors” that it sounds dubious to many individuals as a business name part.